There is a disabled ramp entrance to Birkbeck’s School of Arts.
For visually-impaired and partially-sighted visitors, we offer the following resources:
- Transcriptions of exhibition panel and caption text in braille: contracted (Grade 2) Standard English, in booklet form (3 copies)
- Relief images of 8 exhibition objects, plus an additional alphabet example, accompanied by object descriptions in braille: contracted (Grade 2) Standard English, in booklet form (2 copies)
- A full set of object descriptions (for every exhibition object) in a word document, available from the exhibition blog
- Booklet of caption and panel texts in large print (3 copies)
- Magnifying glasses (4 copies)
- Enlarged images of 10 exhibition objects (3 copies)
- All objects in the exhibition space will be identified by a braille number label (located either on the captions or, for works in display cases, on the top surface of the case).
Please note that due to the sensitivity of some of the works on paper and photographic works on display that light levels are subdued within the exhibition space.
A series of descriptive tours will be held throughout the exhibition run: for further information please contact exhibition curator Heather Tilley, on email@example.com.